The bone broth comes from boiling the beef bones to extract the collagen. Collagen is a known natural anti-inflammatory and may help with joint health and osteoarthritis. It is a digestive-friendly ingredient that is a good source of calcium the essential minerals of phosphorous, and magnesium. Bone broth also includes vitamin A and K and is a good fatty acid and may even help you sleep better.
- 1 ½ lb of beef chunks, of course, grass-fed organic if you can
- ½ tablespoon of ginger
- ¾ tablespoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt/powder
- 32 Ounces of Beef Bone Broth
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
A couple of other tasty and healthy vegetables you can easily add are zucchini and celery. Both contain a lot of health benefits. Zucchini is high in fiber and supports eye health with natural lutein, and celery, which is low glycemic and filled with vitamins A, K, and C and other essential minerals like potassium.
- Add cut-up sweet potatoes
- Add beef bone broth
- Add in your chunks of beef (I like larger chunks of beef, makes for a more satiating soup experience)
- Add your carrots and beef on top of the sweet potatoes
- It can cook all day on low in your slow cooker or you can put it on high to cut the cooking time down to 3 or 4 hours
- Stir every 2 to 3 hours.