Mid-autumn is here, with cooler temperatures, beautiful colors from the changing leaves, and a great time to tap into the healing power of the season.
Engaging in meaningful and conscious fall activities can uplift your well-being and provide a deeper sense of purpose. Here are a handful of simple reminders of ways to enjoy this season.
- Spend Time in Nature: Even with the later sunrise, research tells us to spend at least 10 minutes outdoors in the morning. It supports your natural sleep patterns and cycles, aka (Circadian Rhythm). If the morning sun rises too late for you, consider other times during the day to bask in the natural sunlight for 10 minutes.
- Outdoor Exercise: Incorporating physical activity into your routine by taking a solo walk, hike, or bike ride boosts your energy. Invite a friend or a loved one to join you, enhancing the experience and offering the opportunity for meaningful conversations. The absence of summer bugs makes fall hiking and walking particularly pleasant.
- Embrace the Colors: Participate in the changing of the seasons in your own backyard by raking and bagging leaves. The sensory experience can be therapeutic, allowing you to connect with the fall air.
- Explore Your Local Parks: You will probably be surprised at the amazing parks near you that you didn’t know existed or have never visited. Discover new parks in your area. A simple Google search for local parks will provide you with plenty to choose from. Enjoy the tranquility and rejuvenation by immersing yourself in nature, free from the distractions of everyday life.
- Be Social. Foster your connections by spending quality time with loved ones by carving pumpkins with your children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews. Their joy can help dissipate worries and concerns, reminding us of the simple pleasures in life.
- Cultivate Positive Conversations: Meet a friend at a cozy coffee shop and enjoy your favorite fall drink or dessert. Share your dreams, aspirations, and what truly matters to you. When conversations veer into fear and despair, make a conscious choice to shift the conversation toward what is most important to you right now and what you are working on in your life. Generously listen; there is nothing like being heard or seen and the joy of knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.
- Nourishing Recipes: Explore nutritious recipes using seasonal ingredients like squash, pumpkin, apples, and hearty greens. Create heartwarming, nutritious, and delicious dishes like soups, stews, and warm salads that not only satisfy your taste buds but also nurture your body.
To Your Exquisite Health
The Good Fat Company Team